Bridger Gile hails from Aspen, Colo., where he learned to ski at the age of two. Gile grew up racing with Aspen Valley Ski Club and Ski and Snowboard Club Vail.
Gile was the 2020 NorAm Overall champion, he is a previous U.S. Alpine Champion in giant slalom. One of his favorite memories in his career was competing at World Juniors in 2019. He made his World Cup debut in the giant slalom in Soelden, Austria in 2020.
A fun fact about Gile, he played four years of high school varsity soccer making the semifinals of the state soccer tournament.
"My favorite memory as a competitor was the 2019 World Juniors team's success throughout the entire event."
7 Things You Didn't Know About Bridger Gile
- 1. Bridger was in Warren Miller's "Higher Ground" when he was just six-years-old, and was featured in the New York Times.
- 2. He loves to play recreational sports like pickle ball and do puzzles!
- 3. Bridger is quite the student-athlete. He played four years of high school varsity soccer, and his team made it to the semifinals of the state soccer tournament. He also had a 4.0 GPA as a senior.
- 4. He is a NASTAR National Champ
- 5. Bridger has three goals for this year: to be just as successful in slalom as he is in giant slalom, get a couple of top 30s in World Cup, and to make the Olympic team. His career goal is to win an overall Globe.
- 6. Bridger has been skiing since the age of two. "My parents would take me out of preschool to go skiing. I liked the freedom of being on the mountain and being able to go anywhere. I was hooked."
- 7. Bridger has a couple of pairs of lucky underwear for important events.