The U.S. Ski & Snowboard Club Development Program assists member clubs striving to improve the athletic experience for all constituents by supporting clubs in their increasingly complex environments through education, certification, recognition, and resources.Well organized and managed clubs are key to a successful experience for athletes and their families, coaches and other stakeholders.
The cornerstone of the Club Development Program is the Podium Certification Program. This certification process is mission-driven and self-reflective and allows a club to benchmark their performance against established standards; creating a platform for setting goals and measuring success. It provides a club with a roadmap for ongoing evaluation and continuous improvement.
Clubs that are not yet ready to engage in the certification application process, or are not sure if they have the capacity to start, can still benefit greatly from reviewing and discussing the materials and exercises related to the process. It will give them tools to understand best principles and practices and how they can improve as a club, as well as give them a realistic idea if they have the structure and resources in place to initiate the certification process.
Podium Level Club Certification is designed for clubs that want to perform a comprehensive organizational assessment in order to verify and demonstrate their understanding of the best principles and implementation of best practices. The process is a partnership between U.S. Ski & Snowboard and the individual club, supported by education and resources, and culminates with a club interview (bronze level candidates) or club visit (silver/gold level candidates).
U.S. Ski & Snowboard Podium Certified Clubs are expected to engage in a continuous process of self-assessment, reflection and on-going improvement that enables them to stay relevant to their missions and to the athletes and families they serve. Clubs demonstrate this commitment by working continuously to improve their programs, actively participating in professional development opportunities and pursuing and maintaining certification.
Bronze-certified club: Podium level of certification for established or new clubs that have all the required elements in place for organizational and athletic success. The certification process involves a comprehensive organizational assessment putting the club on the path to continual improvement. The Bronze certification process is open to all clubs.
Silver-certified club: Podium level of certification for well-established and highly functioning clubs both organizationally and athletically. These clubs serve as a model in these areas, have consistent and long-standing track records of organizational and/or athletic success. Silver-level certification requires the approval of the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Club Development Manager before starting the process.
Gold-certified club: This level of certification is reserved for the highest performing clubs in the country - organizationally and athletically. The standards for Gold are based on the ability to provide year 'round holistic support to athletes, including the availability of sports psychology, nutrition, strength and condition and rehab/recovery programs.
Please join us every Wednesday in October for our four-part 2023 Club Excellence Fall Summit Webinar Series - 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM MDT
Each of these 4 sessions will provide content for coaches, administrators, parents, and volunteers to further their understanding of best principles and practices that are the foundation of a culture of continued improvement. Prior to each session, there will be an opportunity to consider your current level of knowledge; following each session you will ask and discuss questions and reflect on what you have learned. We hope you will join us for a great way to kickoff the 2023-24 winter season and we look forward to your engagement!
- Session 1 - October 4th – Dave McCann, U.S. Ski & Snowboard Sport Education Director – “Unlocking Potential: The Blueprint for Long-Term Athlete Development”
- Session 2 - October 11th – Moderated Panel Discussion – “Elevating Excellence: The Comprehensive Program Plan”
- Session 3 - October 18th – Bob Poehling, U.S. Ski & Snowboard High Performance Manager – “Striking the Right Balance: Achieving Peak Performance while Nurturing Long-Term Athlete Growth.”
- Session 4 - October 28th – Nadia Kyba BA, BSW, MSW, RSW, President, What Now Foundation – “Moving Your Team from Conflict to Cohesion”
- With Zoom as our platform, we are unable to accommodate group registration, please register individually.
- Attend all four sessions and complete the survey after each session to receive 8 continuing education credits to keep your coach certification current for two years.
- Each session will include a pre & post webinar workbook to guide you in the sessions, a 60 minute presentation, a Q&A discussion, and a survey.
- All sessions will be relevant topics to all our sports.
- Please note all four sessions will be recorded so if you are interested in registering for the sessions but cannot make the live dates, we will provide you the webinar recordings, all resources, and surveys and you will still qualify for continuing education credits. You will still need to pre-register and pay using the link above by October 3rd. We cannot accommodate registrations after October 3rd.
Please reach out with any additional questions and we hope you will join us this Fall!
Thank you to our Club Excellence Conference Title Sponsor –World Cup Supply