Kaila Kuhn, originally from Boyne City, Michigan, is an accomplished aerial skier. Prior to joining the U.S. Team, she was a part of the Park City Ski & Snowboard Elite Aerial Development Program. Kaila transitioned from competitive gymnastics at 12 years old to aerials when she was invited to a recruitment camp. Throughout her career, she has achieved some remarkable accolades, including a perfect score in a NorAm competition and podium finishes in World Cup events, all leading to her involvement in the 2022 Olympics. Kaila started skiing at the young age of 18 months, and she competed in her first World Championships at just 15 years old.
"You are the greatest project you will ever work on."
5 Things You Didn't Know About Kaila Kuhn
- 1. Kaila was a competitive gymnast at 12 years old and was invited to an ariels recruitment camp. This was where she found a passion for freestyle.
- 2. Kaila earned a perfect score on a jump in a NorAm competition.
- 3. Kaila earned her first World Cup podium in 2021: third at Yaroslavl, RUS, and third at Deer Valley, USA.
- 4. Kaila started skiing at 18 months old.
- 5. Competed in first World Championships at 15 years old.