"The whole weekend I’ve been super, super relaxed and laid back, and for me, that’s the key, relaxing and putting together a race run, trusting my skiing, and I fully did that today."
6 Things You Didn't Know About Alice Merryweather
- 1. Alice began to ski at four years old at Attitash Mountain Resort in New Hampshire.
- 2. When she isn't on the slopes, Alice likes to play music, hike, and drink coffee.
- 3. Alice was accepted to Harvard but deferred enrollment, and is now a student at Dartmouth College. Also, she'd like you all to know that she still holds her middle school's high jump record.
- 4. She won the 2019 U.S. Alpine Championship downhill title at Sugarloaf, Maine.
- 5. Her favorite memory as a competitor to date is having the opportunity to race at the PyeongChang Olympics, and coming down in the lead during the second run of the Olympic alpine combined.
- 6. Three things Alice wants the world to know: she loves animals, hates wet paper, and has been called an "absolute weapon" on the grill!
Teams: 2019 • Best finish: 18th, AC, Are, SWE, 2019 • First World Championships in Are, Sweden (2019)
8th, AC, Crans Montana, SUI, 2020 • 8th, DH, Garmisch, GER, 2019 • 14th, SG, Garmisch, GER, 2020 • 17th, SG, Rosa Khutor, RUS, 2020 • First World Cup points, 24th, SG, Val d'Isere, FRA, 2017 • First World Cup start, Altenmarkt-Zauchensee, AUT, 2016
Alice's Favorite Gear!
Check out Alice's favorites from the U.S. Ski & Snowboard gear collection!