"One of my favorite memories as a competitor is winning the team event at Whistler Cup as a first year U16. Our team was not expected to win because we were all first years, but we beat Switzerland in the finals."
8 Things You Didn't Know About Mary Bocock
- 1. Mary's top three on-snow accomplishments include: winning the super-G at U16 Nationals as a first-year, getting third at Junior Nationals in super-G her first-year FIS, and being awarded skier of the year for Rowmark after her first and second-year FIS.
- 2. When she's not skiing, she's mountain biking, playing pickleball, volleyball, tennis, and sailing. Her favorite summer activities are sailing, tubing, wake surfing, and spike ball.
- 3. Mary's favorite athletes are Simone Biles, Tessa Worley, Rob Gronkowski, and Donovan Mitchell because they all work hard to be the best they can be, but they all seem fun and lighthearted.
- 4. When she grows up, she'd like to be a pediatric surgeon.
- 5. Three things Mary wants the world to know: 1) she lived in France from 2011-2012, 2) she has a big family, and 3) her favorite place to ski is Snowbird.
- 6. She speaks English, French, and a little bit of Spanish.
- 7. Mary's goals for the upcoming season are to get a top-five at a NorAm speed event, and a top-10 in a tech event. She would also like to make it to World Juniors.
- 8. Her top three notable off-snow achievements are: 1) she was a part of the state championship team for soccer her freshman and junior year, 2) she was awarded most improved for soccer, and 3) she was a part of the Headmasters Committee her freshman and sophomore year.