The U.S. Ski & Snowboard club development program assists member clubs striving to improve the athletic experience for all participants - athletes, parents, volunteers, and administrators. Check the tabs above to help make your ski and snowboard club more efficient and effective.
Podium Level Club Certification is a reflective, mission-driven process designed for clubs that want to perform a comprehensive organizational assessment in order to verify and demonstrate their understanding of the best principles and implementation of best practices. The process is a partnership between U.S. Ski & Snowboard and the individual club, supported by education and resources, and culminates with a club interview (bronze level candidates) or club visit (silver/gold level candidates).
U.S. Ski & Snowboard Podium Certified Clubs are expected to engage in a continuous process of self-assessment, reflection and on-going improvement that enables them to stay relevant to their missions and to the athletes and families they serve. Clubs demonstrate this commitment by working continuously to improve their programs, actively participating in professional development opportunities and pursuing and maintaining certification.
Bronze-certified club: Podium level of certification for established or new clubs that have all the required elements in place for organizational and athletic success. The certification process involves a comprehensive organizational assessment putting the club on the path to continual improvement. The Bronze certification process is open to all clubs.
Silver-certified club: Podium level of certification for well-established and highly functioning clubs both organizationally and athletically. These clubs serve as a model in these areas, have consistent and long-standing track records of organizational and/or athletic success. Silver-level certification requires the approval of the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Club Development Manager before starting the process.
Gold-certified club: This level of certification is intended for clubs that are Best in the World. These clubs serve as a model both organizationally and athletically and are resources to the sport as a whole in the U.S.
To apply for club certification or for more information, clubs should contact the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Club Development Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 435.647.2033.
- Listing in U.S, Ski & Snowboard's online club directory
- Ability to link your club from the USSA website
- Competition guides for your sport program(s)
- On-demand club rosters
- Ability to conduct U.S, Ski & Snowboard and FIS competitions - Including Event Organizer Insurance coverage
- Subscription to Ski Racing Magazine
- Use of U.S, Ski & Snowboard logo
- Access to general Club Development materials and resources
- Access to COE TV (this is a USSA member benefit)
- Participation in the on-going monthly Club Development Workshops
- Club Development Programming and Workshops coordinated with existing (or new) regional or state gatherings/events – regional workshops, symposiums, etc.
- Training and assistance in implementing SkillsQuest
- Club Delivery program for U.S, Ski & Snowboard Coaching Certification (Alpine only)
- Direct Assistance with the Club Certification Process
- Recognition, use of U.S, Ski & Snowboard Podium Club Logos and marketing support
- Invitations to provide content for Club Development Workshops
- Professional development opportunities for staff
- Participation in club visits
- Presentations at Club Excellence Conference and Club Development Workshops
- Co-branding opportunities for U.S, Ski & Snowboard-Club marketing
- Assistance with identifying available grants and general fundraising support
- Existing and new opportunities for use of COE and other opportunities for athletes, staff and boards
- Opportunities to participate on Professional Panels and in Professional Forums
- Direct U.S, Ski & Snowboard Staff support regarding negotiations with resorts (hill space, fees, events, etc.) and venue development
- Collaboration in developing Club Development materials and resources
- Participation and leadership in Podium Club track at the annual Club Excellence Conference.
- Participation in delivering on-going monthly Club Development Curriculum (can double as professional development)
NOTE: This is a new program – U.S, Ski & Snowboard is working with regional and national partners to continue developing benefits for clubs associated with U.S, Ski & Snowboard Club Certification, including potential funding opportunities offered directly to U.S, Ski & Snowboard Certified Clubs.
Services offered for fees to all U.S, Ski & Snowboard Clubs (delivered by U.S, Ski & Snowboard Staff and Club Expert Consultants) – offered at subsidized or below market value rates
- Strategic Plan facilitation
- Board Development
- Fundraising and Grant Writing
- Financial Management
- Legal Support
- Human Resource Management
- Program and Organizational Assessment Strategies
Frequently Asked Questions
Club Certification is a rigorous process designed for the clubs that want to perform a comprehensive organizational assessment in order to verify and demonstrate their understanding of the best principles and implementation of best practices of their club. Note: A Podium Candidate must have a current U. S. Ski & Snowboard Club Membership.
Clubs that are not yet ready to engage in the certification application process, or are not sure if they have the capacity to start, can still benefit greatly from reviewing and discussing the materials and exercises related to the process. It will give them tools to understand best principles and practices and how they can improve as a club, as well as give them a realistic idea if they have the structure and resources in place to initiate the certification process.